May 15, 2017

Another ode to "H"

There is a good reason I love "H". I love how he is the only person who could help me snap out of a thought. He doesn't do it instantly, on the contrary. All what he ever does is offering me a different logic. He never pushes, he never even attempt convincing me. He just states what's obvious to him and let my obsessive compulsive thinking do the rest.
One of the things he casually mentioned was the fact that I have been stressing about being old in the time I am not. He said that given the average ages now I am expected to live more years than what I already lived.
Didn't I know such a fact? Off course I did.
I know that people live to their 80s these days, and with advances in medical care they will live not only longer but also with a good quality of life.
So, why so obssessed with age?
It wasn't until he stated the obvious when I started digging deeper on why I am having these tboughts and when did they start.
I discovered that it all started with the egyptian political turmoil in 2011. I started feeling unsafe, and everything led to another. I tried inventing new safety nets, those safety nets started failing and I started a loop of panic.

This panic ended just by a random line stating the obvious.

So .. to H ♥️♥️♥️

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

M,
Hope all is well,
Do I hear wedding rings:)
best of luck Shimaa

Shimaa Gamal said...

Hey M
I was never far from marriage than today.
Also H is married. And doesn't love me

Anonymous said...

M,
Ouch..,I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions,
One never knows what the future may hold but I certainly hope you will get what makes you happy.
Cheers,

Shimaa Gamal said...

All is fine my dear :)
Happy ramadan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind wishes, happy Ramadan to you too