Here is a secret; I keep a list of almost everything that could be listed. I keep lists of things that made me happy, things that would me happier, things I hate and things I love. I keep a list of people and their priorities. I subconsciously list everything. And sure I have had listed the blessings I could count before.
But upon Ibhog’s request, here I am sharing some of the blessings I could count because regardless how hard any of us could try, we can never count the blessings God granted us.
Here are the rules:
· The point is to say a heartfelt ‘Thank God’. So, you’ll have to choose power blessings, ones that really really are endowments, that you couldn’t possibly feel deeper gratitude towards God for. Ones that you feel grateful for, everyday.
· After each blessing, you’ll have to choose one word to describe your state. Examples: “Happy”, “Excited”, “Thankful”, “Humble”. Or, you have to choose any word that comes to your mind after it anyway – one that’ll summarize it all.
· The ones you’d choose are preferred to be special to you, for instance, we all know that ‘Eye Sight’ is an immense blessing, and of course we can list it, but preferably if it has a special meaning to us.
· The number of your blessings should be between 5 and 10.
· After finishing your list, you should write the word: “El7amodellah” in bold, and say it out loud.
· You should tag as many friends as you can – even the ones who don’t blog, inform them that they must comment.
· After that, well, all you do is to be happy and to have ‘Reda’
و إن تعدوا نعمة الله لا تحصوها
And here is my list:
1- I am grateful for having my father, sister and brother. They are the air I breathe. The reason that makes me wake up every morning even when I am so angry at them.
2- I am grateful for having friends. People who care about me even when I disappear for months. They never lose hope in digging me up. I am grateful they are always there.
3- I am grateful for having a large family. I have a total of 12 uncles and aunts both sides. With an average of 3 kids for each. You do the math. I have a little tribe that I call family. I am so grateful to have them and I am so grateful we are so close to each other.
4- I am grateful that people don’t hate me at first sight. Some might think I am arrogant but most of the time people like me.
5- I am grateful I can afford many things others can’t.
6- I am grateful I have nothing but minor problems. I could have said no problems but minor is my excuse to whine later.
7- I am grateful for being healthy and young.
8- I am grateful for having a religion. It would have been too hard for someone with my mind o find God if I was born not believing in one. I am grateful for being a Muslim.
9- I am grateful for being saved from all the troubles I had in my short life. God always saved me.
10- I am grateful for being able to remember these blessings in the dark moments. I am grateful that God is merciful to let his blessings lit my occasional darkness.
اللهم لك الشكر
So, now write your own list. You are tagged.
You can find Arabic translation here. Special thanks to L.G.