At the age of 36 you discover that you have picked up a few survival skills without even noticing. One of those skills is mending a broken heart.
So how do we mend a broken heart?
1. Do your best to get past the denial phase. This isn't just a bad dream and you are not waking up to the life you used to. Denial will delay the pain and will make it harder to deal with it.
You are a big girl. Your heart is broken. Deal with it.
2. Bargaining makes you pathetic. Begging and renegotiating the relationship won't solve the problem. Chances are the new terms will add insult to injuiry.
Skip the bargain. You lost anyway.
3. The rule is no prisoners, just casulaties. Leave no trace of him.
4. Kill a habit with a habit.
5. Write it away.
6. There is no shame is feeling down. It is ok to fail and fall.
7. Try not to give him pieces of your mind. He doesn't worth the energy. And it won't make you feel better.
8. He is a piece of shit. Act accordingly.
9. You will live!
10. Forgive yourself. It is hard and seems impossible. But you will eventually have to do.
Forgive yourself. You are imperfect and it is totally ok.
And we repeat!